go ahead. be god for a day.
World Machine helps you create realistic 3D terrain.
Powerful and flexible, World Machine combines procedural terrain creation, simulations of nature, and interactive editing to produce realistic looking terrain quickly and easily.
You can build and export high resolution heightfields, textures, and meshes for your game or rendering software.
"World Machine has allowed me to quickly and efficiently create massive game areas both terrestrial and otherwise. The feature set and work flow get better with each release. A must have tool for any environmental artist."
Fewer Bugs. Oh, plus a couple other things...
That just might change how you create your terrains.
We couldn't resist adding a host of improvements to this "bugfix release". Learn about the new Colorizer device, Multimonitor support, and much more. How you work with World Machine will change.
Learn what's new in World Machine 2.3
Try or Buy
You can download the Basic Edition and get started right away. No fuss.
When you decide to purchase, for a limited time only special pricing for World Machine 2.3 is available. You can also purchase a site license for your company or organization.Try World Machine now!
Adds the following features:
- Mesh Output: Added support for multi-tile UV coordinates during tiled builds
- Added degrees readout to slope selector
Fixes the following issues:
- Dev Channel can't load the 2.3.6 Release channel worlds
- Fixed leftside preview blacking out when large world extents are selected
- Memory conservation status is finally loaded/saved in your world file
- Tiled Build: Fixed bug where text packet data caused tiled builds to fail
- Automation: Fixed automated builds not using memory conservation
- Automation: Automation variables now work correctly inside macros
- Automation: Added additional verbosity to Automation (report settings, build progress)
- Automation: Fixed bug where <tile> sometimes didn't set current extents properly
- Automation: Added console launcher to run WM better from command line: launch with WorldMachineCMD.exe.
- Automation: Added ability to save all console output to a file with WorldMachineCMD.exe <yourfile.tms> -log yourlogfile.txt
Here's the changelogs:
A bugfix release to fix the following issues:
- Fixed display corruption issue with NVIDIA Quadro cards
- Fixed issue with sizing slider in file input sometimes responding erratically
- Fixed RGB PNG export failure for >2GB file sizes
- Modified Project Settings dialog to allow you to set the render extent corners more logically (WM will no longer swap corners around)
- Fixed linked sliders issue in Height Selector
- Fixed layout boxes from WM 2.2 not importing correctly
- Reverted command line console modification from previous that sometimes caused crashes when executing a script from the command line
- Added metadata carry-through for PNG format
- PDK: Added 'canonical' query methods for determining if your device should be considered the definitive version instead of a copy (useful for communicating with outside applications)
All of the above plus:
- File Input device now reads the alpha channel information from files and will output on the 'Extents mask' output, if present.
- Fixed a crash on world load error
- Fixed a Library Input crash if the file referred to does not exist
World Machine 126.96.36.199 fixes an issue where occasionally the build process would hang.
If you're run into this problem, make sure you visit the Upgrade Center!
You can find it at: facebook.com/World Machine Software
The FB page will stay up to date with the latest news so that you can stay on top of what's happening in the World Machine world.
Founder, World Machine
It adds the following improvements and fixes:
Layout Boxes may now be rotated to any angle instead of always being axis-aligned
Layout Boxes and Circles now scale/rotate as a group correctly
Fixed bug where macros start misbehaving when copy'pasted.
Fixed major building bug where sometimes a world or macro would not completely finish building!
Fixed issue that required macros to be rebuilt even when not needed
Fixed issue where outputs always kept their results, even when they shouldn't (for example, when disconnected)
It can be found at the upgrade site: