go ahead. be god for a day.
World Machine helps you create realistic 3D terrain.
Powerful and flexible, World Machine combines procedural terrain creation, simulations of nature, and interactive editing to produce realistic looking terrain quickly and easily.
You can build and export high resolution heightfields, textures, and meshes for your game or rendering software.
Fewer Bugs. Oh, plus a couple other things...
That just might change how you create your terrains.
We couldn't resist adding a host of improvements to this "bugfix release". Learn about the new Colorizer device, Multimonitor support, and much more. How you work with World Machine will change.
Learn what's new in World Machine 2.3
Try or Buy
You can download the Basic Edition and get started right away. No fuss.
When you decide to purchase, for a limited time only special pricing for World Machine 2.3 is available. You can also purchase a site license for your company or organization.Try World Machine now!
World Machine 220.127.116.11 fixes an issue where occasionally the build process would hang.
If you're run into this problem, make sure you visit the Upgrade Center!
You can find it at: facebook.com/World Machine Software
The FB page will stay up to date with the latest news so that you can stay on top of what's happening in the World Machine world.
Founder, World Machine
It adds the following improvements and fixes:
Layout Boxes may now be rotated to any angle instead of always being axis-aligned
Layout Boxes and Circles now scale/rotate as a group correctly
Fixed bug where macros start misbehaving when copy'pasted.
Fixed major building bug where sometimes a world or macro would not completely finish building!
Fixed issue that required macros to be rebuilt even when not needed
Fixed issue where outputs always kept their results, even when they shouldn't (for example, when disconnected)
It can be found at the upgrade site:
Vladimir from Geekatplay Studio has just released a set of tutorial videos on World Machine. 4 videos are freely available now, out of a total of 29 that will be unlocked weekly.
You can find them here:
Discovering World Machine from GeekatPlay Studio
I have reviewed the videos and found them to be a great introduction to using World Machine. He plans to release more videos in the future covering deeper and more advanced features as well.
Fixes from 18.104.22.168:
- UV coordinates for meshes are now always properly normalized
- Fixed layout view stopped responding when certain conditions are met
- Made sever device connections actually behave like delete in terms of keeping wires intact
- Made drop to surface behave better: if the layout generator is selected it will automatically use the source input if it exists, otherwise it will use the currently selected. Will also now report failure and tell what to do to make it work.
- Fixed layout view crash when viewing macro parameters / parameter devices
- Made layout view display parameter devices
Fixes from 2.3.4:
- Cancelling a build causes builds to not work
- Built-to now works inside macros
- Fixed memory leak with meshes
- Layout view now works inside macros
- Route points are now retained when deleting or disconnecting devices
- Connecting ports above the first one to a route point would connect the wrong port
- Crash when moving device origins in layout view
- Device list on left side now updates when devices/groups are moved
- Device disconnect now reconnects the neighbors, just like delete does
- Notification API now provides correct value for notifyBuildEnd()
- Fixed parameter devices following outputs not showing up in the 3D view
- Moving devices sharing route points might cause route points to move too fast
- Automation scalar generator not correct in tiled builds
- Too-long param names cause garbage
- Giving/Taking layout shape parameters wasn't updating the dialog or including the fade parameter
- Mesh output now has scale output options for both kilometers and meters
- Mesh output now has option for keeping the exported terrain at the origin or putting it where it lies in the WM world
- "Coverage band" option that was not enabled before in Height Splitter is now available. Without a falloff parameter its not too useful, but that can be added soon...
All users (including Basic Edition) can upgrade now at the Download Center